Acoustic-voiced Overdrive Pedal with Cab Simulation
Acoustic guitars and other direct-out acoustic instruments can be tricky to saturate. Traditional drive pedals tend to introduce unwanted overtones and aggressive feedback. Today, Earl Brooke's is pleased to welcome the Fender Smolder Acoustic OD to our product catalog: an all-original Fender saturation circuit targeted specifically at acoustic instrument piezo pickups. The Smolder’s wide gain range supports subtle tone enhancement, gentle chordal breakup, and violin-like sustained leads. Onboard EQ and Tone controls voice this pedal to any acoustic instrument in your arsenal — guitar to mandolin — with a Level control to give even your dry acoustic tone a boost into the PA. Not only that, but onboard Blend (balances wet/dry signals) and Pickup Comp (smooths out quackiness commonly associated with piezo pickups) controls make the Smolder Acoustic OD pedal as practical as it is colorful. There’s even onboard cabinet simulation to add depth to distorted parts. It’s all housed in a stage-ready brushed aluminum chassis with LED-backlit knobs (switchable) for stage convenience and a classic amp jewel on/off LED for a touch of that classic Fender charm.
Durable, player-friendly design
When we ran the Smolder OD through its paces here at Earl Brooke's, we were impressed by its durable, player-friendly design. It all starts with a rugged yet lightweight, anodized aluminum chassis that’s tailor-made for heavy stomping. LED-backlit knobs (switchable) make it child’s play to see your settings on a dark stage. Swapping out batteries is a breeze, thanks to a patent-applied-for magnetically latched 9-volt battery door. Want an acoustic overdrive pedal that really delivers the goods? Look no further than the Smolder Acoustic OD pedal by Fender.
Fender Smolder Acoustic OD Pedal Features:
- All-original Fender overdrive circuit
- Voiced for acoustic instruments with piezo pickups
- Perfect for acoustic guitars, mandolins, banjos, and more
- Wide gain range
- Blend control balances wet and dry signals
- Bass, Treble, and Tone controls permit powerful tone shaping
- Pickup Compensation smooths out piezo pickups
- Onboard cabinet simulation adds depth to saturated signals
- LED-backlit knobs make it easy to see your settings on a dark stage
- Patent-applied-for magnetically latched 9-volt battery door
- Rugged yet lightweight, anodized aluminum chassis