Comfort and Elegance Meet Tone and Affordability
The Washburn WCG55CE Comfort Select Grand Auditorium acoustic guitar sports unique mahogany elbow-comfort binding on the lower bout, giving you an amazingly comfortable playing experience. This beautifully appointed guitar rocks big, balanced tone plus amazing looks, thanks to its all-koa design. And its Fishman Presys+ electronics let you perform with great tone onstage. The WCG55CE has such fine details as mahogany/maple body and headstock binding, as well as a koa back with a maple/mahogany/maple strip. If you want smooth playability and rich, full-bodied tone in an elegant, affordable package, Sweetwater has your axe: the Washburn WCG55CE.
Fishman Presys+ pickup system delivers natural amplified sound
With the Fishman Presys+ pickup system in your WCG55CE, you’ll have amazing plugged-in tone plus exceptional tone shaping. There are bass, mid, and treble tone controls, so you can dial in your ideal sound. A notch filter helps eliminate the possibility of feedback while playing live. A brilliance control helps you cut through the mix, and the phase control helps solve phase problems when recording the Presys+ and a microphone at the same time. And to make sure your WCG55CE is always ready to sound its best, there’s a built-in tuner.
Washburn has been producing fine fretted instruments since 1883
With humble beginnings in Chicago that date back to the 1880s, Washburn is an American institution in musical instrument manufacturing. From guitars to mandolins, banjos, ukuleles, and more, Washburn has long been a recognized and cherished brand among musicians. Many of the biggest names in folk, blues, and rock ‘n’ roll have played these well-crafted, quality instruments. Washburn combines quality construction with premium materials to deliver instruments, such as the WCG55CE, that are ready to perform on any stage. Call your Sweetwater Sales Engineer to find out more about the WCG55CE or this iconic brand.
Washburn WCG55CE Comfort Select Grand Auditorium Acoustic Guitar Features:
- Grand Auditorium Venetian cutaway body with koa top, back, and sides
- Koa back split by maple/mahogany/maple strip
- Mahogany/maple body and headstock binding
- Mahogany elbow-comfort binding on lower bout
- Satin-finished mahogany neck with 2-way truss rod
- Rosewood fingerboard and mahogany-bound rosewood bridge
- Rosewood-capped headstock with pearl Washburn logo and stylized W inlay
- Alternating maple/mahogany rosette
- Black NuBone nut and saddle
- 25.5″ scale; 20 frets; 1.75″ nut width
- Equipped with D’Addario strings
- Fishman Presys+ electronics with tuner/undersaddle transducer