While the Yamaha AC5R has a traditional western body cutaway, its lows and highs resonate even more fully than those generated by conventional designs, thanks to new scalloped top bracing and shorter back board bracing. These modifications allow the top and back to resonate more naturally and with greater volume in the low-mid ranges. The western cutaway gives it a classic look, but an all-new brace design definitely brings the Yamaha AC5R into the twenty-first century — and the Sweetwater showroom!
Quality woods plus innovation equal brilliant sound
Sitka spruce is highly valued for guitar tops — and for good reason. This select grade of stiff but elastic softwood is equally suited to aggressive strumming, flatpicking, and even fingerpicking styles of play. The Yamaha AC5R features a solid Sitka top that is treated at high heat to remove moisture and volatiles, resulting in greater stability and beautiful aged color. The Yamaha AC5R’s solid rosewood back and sides also produce warm, balanced tones from low to high. With its traditional western cutaway and ebony fingerboard and bridge, this is a guitar that looks, plays, and sounds great.
Studio sound onstage
Normally you can best hear an acoustic guitar’s subtle nuances in the studio while it’s miked, but the Yamaha AC5R has Yamaha’s SRT2 pickup system, which brings those wonderful, authentic sounds to the stage. With blend control, you can balance the output from the under-bridge piezo pickup with the modeling of either a Neumann U 67 large-diaphragm condenser mic or a Royer R-122 active ribbon mic, creating your own unique tone with natural clarity.
Yamaha AC5R Features:
- 6-string concert-sized acoustic-electric with traditional western cutaway in vintage natural finish
- Solid Sitka spruce top and solid rosewood back and sides for bright, warm tone
- A.R.E. wood torrefaction provides greater stability and attractive aged color
- SRT2 system allows you to blend between piezo and SRT2 preamp signals for a personalized sound
- Handmade in Japan for unparalleled build quality and attention to detail